Enchant’s Director of Construction & Installation (DCI) leads the Construction & Installation team and is accountable and responsible for the planning and execution of the Enchant’s asset maintenance program, logistics, and the installation for all Enchant’s events. This is a critical role that works diligently with all departments to ensure on-time performance, functionality, and performance of assets at the events. This role participates as the department representative on the Senior Leadership Team and will require significant travel. The DCI’s roles and responsibilities are multifaceted: working with the Design department during each Planning phase to facilitate installation and logistics of assets; development and oversight of all event installation planning activities during the event cycle’s Planning and Pre-Event phases, oversight and execution of all event installations including load-in, event maintenance and load -out; reporting, documentation and wrap-up activities during the Post-Event phase; the DCI is also responsible for managing all storage and maintenance activities that occur post event cycle.
The DCI manages and coordinates the Construction & Installation Team. This team comprises of a full-time Maintenance Manager as well as contracted Event Foreman to lead the installation for each event location. The DCI provides direct oversight of the respective Event Foremen that includes identifying and securing Leads, training, setting goals, and monitoring performance measures. DCI will work with the General Manager and City Managers to actively meet with event stakeholders, manage vendor relationships and communications, establish and negotiate contracts for execution, and manage budgets.
The DCI is responsible for providing set-up/strike phase labor, operations management, and acquisition of necessary permits. This includes the installation and removal of sculptures, maze components, Christmas market huts/decor/lighting, and grand entrance/concourse décor and
The DCI will coordinate and manage the quoting and booking of transport services for Company-owned containers/equipment to and from Enchant Events.
The DCI will oversee and to the best of their ability to ensure that the Ice Rink Install/Removal is completed on schedule.
The DCI will oversee and to the best of their ability ensure that the Large Exterior Signage Install/Removal is completed on schedule. The DCI will oversee and the best of their ability ensure that the Stadium Level AC Electrical Power Distribution and associated Electrical Supply Equipment/Labor Install/Removal is completed on schedule:
1. The DCI is responsible for the overall management and oversight of all aspects of the set- up, strike and event phase operations.
2. The DCI is responsible for managing and deploying staff to ensure that set-up, strike, and event phase schedules are completed on time and on budget.
3. The DCI will oversee the budget and approve all funds distributed to labor and sub-contractors that the DCI recruits.
4. The DCI advises on requirements for permitting processes and works with the General Manager to acquire the required permits and licenses for all event locations.
5. The DCI is responsible for assisting with the development and approval of all schedules and programs for event operations.
6. The DCI is responsible in conjunction with the General Manager for managing and directing the hiring process for all key roles.
7. The DCI will hold daily calls with the General Manager during the Event (including Load-In and Strike) to review daily operations and ensure their proper execution.
The DCI is accountable for:
1. Working in collaboration with the Design Team, consult and advise on sculpture design for expedited installation, electrical connection functionality, durability (material selection) and maintenance procedures.
2. Working in collaboration with the Design Team, consult and advise on crating design for sculptures and assets for efficient transporting and asset maintenance management.
3. Working with the Design Team, consult and advise on training manuals for Construction & Installation Team.
4. Continuously develop innovative techniques for optimizing maze and market installation timelines.
1. Working in collaboration with the Design Team, create a freight plan for delivery of assets from manufacturing locations to in-country storage sites.
2. Work with the Administration Department to organize Bill of Ladings and other logistical documentation.
3. Identify freight forwarding and other vendors for assistance with customs.
4. Develop the schedule and plan for delivery of assets for approval by the General Manager and CEO.
1. Planning the overall day to day set-up and strike schedules for the Pre-Event, Event, and Post-Event Phases for all event operations.
2. Identify the third-party vendors required for installation including cranes.
3. Participate in contract negotiation.
4. Prepare the schedule for rental equipment delivery and removals, including the schedule for protective flooring installation.
5. Prepare a schedule for third party rental equipment working days and requirements.
6. Identify a site-plan for staging areas and the movement of assets, base locations for staffing and secure locations to store assets to prevent wastage.
7. Present the budget for all skilled and general labor staffing requirements.
8. Present load-in and load-out plans to General Manager and CEO for approval according to the requirements (including timeline) for each facility partner.
1. Develop the comprehensive plan for construction requirements and installation of all assets (maze components, sculptures, market huts etc.), including scheduling, budget, contingency planning.
2. Working with the Design Team and facility partner team, develop a comprehensive plan and budget for unique, site specific, construction needs based on preparing the facility for the event.
3. Power delivery system development, including AC, DC, hardware and redundancy planning.
4. Work with Design Team to secure surveys for each event.
5. Work with Structural Engineering and Design team to secure approvals of all sculpture installation.
6. Working with the General Manager to plan the acquisition of all permits required based on design layout, construction and installation plan.
7. Manage secured permits.
1. Identify the Team needs for construction and installation for all events.
2. Work with the General Manager to design and implement the hiring process for all Construction & Installation team members.
3. Overseeing the execution of specialized teams for the execution of construction and installation, including but not limited to electrical, carpentry, general labor, assembly, disassembly, décor, equipment operators, team leads etc.
4. Present the budget for all skilled and general labor staffing requirements for approval.
The DCI is accountable for:
1. Oversee training, and its documentation of internal and external staff on stadium regulations and Enchant procedures, including construction and installation best practice and reporting requirements.
2. Overseeing the execution of specialized teams for the execution of construction and installation, including but not limited to electrical, carpentry, general labor, equipment operators, team leads etc.
3. Will oversee the system of checks to ensure staff have the proper credentials and/or certificates/licenses to function in the role for which they are contracted.
4. Identify, secure and allocation of tools, safety equipment, and other resources for staff relating to construction and installation for job responsibility fulfillment.
5. Managing and deploying staff to ensure that set-up, strike, and event phase schedules are completed on time and on budget.
6. Oversight of daily pre-shift meetings during set-up, strike, and event phase operations to ensure that middle management, administrative, and coordinator staff and their associated sub-teams are deployed as needed to execute daily operations.
7. Organizing and Managing the day to day scheduling, deployment, and payroll of the General Labor Staff during Set-Up, Strike, and Event Phase Operations.
1. On-site management and oversight of day to day load-in and construction and installation, operations, and logistics.
2. Management and oversight of equipment rental.
3. Management and oversight of asset delivery to staging areas and event facility from storage yard(s) and/or shipping yard(s).
4. Coordinating with the Security/First Aid Providers to ensure that the installation and construction adhere to fire, security, emergency response, and first aid requirements.
1. On-site management and oversight of day to day construction and installation maintenance and logistics during set-up and during event phase operations.
2. Oversee the execution of asset maintenance schedules, implementation of contingency plans and management of all construction and installation staff.
1. On-site management and oversight of day to day load-out and de-construction activities, operations, and logistics.
2. In conjunction with the Design Team oversee the organization and storage of sculptures and maze components during the strike phase.
3. Manage and oversee an inventory audit of all Enchant assets during removal from the facility site.
4. Working with the Design Team to create a schedule for asset maintenance during the load-out process.
5. Working with the Design Team, create a schedule of materials and assets for sale.
6. On-site management and oversight of freight of assets from the event facility to the staging yards, and off-season storage yards, including any third-party rental requirements.
The DCI is accountable for:
1. Develop and present a comprehensive audit and report of the event cycle to date, including budget analysis, reconciliations, contract audits and other reports as required.
2. Perform performance reviews of staff.
3. Participate in the Annual Leadership Retreat.
1. Secure and manage storage facilities for Enchant assets.
1. Implement and oversee the schedule for asset maintenance.
2. Manage staffing requirements for asset maintenance.
3. Implement and oversee the system for assets wastage.
4. Prepare replacement part order lists for manufacturing.
Five Star Values (required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position)
• Exceptional service: Takes assertive action to build internal and external customer relationships and loyalty; meets or exceeds the needs of individuals (i.e., residents, students, program participants and co- workers) and provides satisfaction within available resources.
• Collaboration: Initiates and participates in mutually beneficial alliances, partnerships and joint work efforts within work group and across department and organizational lines; helps other achieve overall organizational high performance, quality outcomes and Ann Storck Center goals and objectives.
• Accountability for Positive Outcomes: Takes personal responsibility for meeting and exceeding goals and standards; acts continuously to improve services; seeks opportunities for continuous development; assumes responsibility for errors and learns from them.
• Fosters Innovation: Initiates and responds to change positively; seeks and recommends or implements creative improvements in services; encourages and applies out-of-the-box thinking; challenges current practices when they are counter to goal achievement; focuses on doing the right things as well as doing things right to accomplish strategic objectives.
• Values Company Family: Creates an atmosphere of accepting all others; treats co-workers, interns, volunteers, program participants, visitors, and business partners with dignity and respect; continually strives to include all others to produce higher quality services; builds positive, productive work relationships.
(Required of all Enchant consultants and employees, regardless of position.)
1. Follows all departmental/company policies and procedures, setting an example by actions, interactions, and reactions, and makes suggestions for improvements.
2. Follows safety rules and guidelines.
3. Participates in the execution of emergency management plan and can locate what to do in the plan for various events.
4. Follows requirements of Enchant Employee Handbook including attendance, demeanor, and work habits to the extent applicable to Consultants.
5. Acts in accordance with the Mission and Attributes, Core Values of Enchant at all times.
6. Is proactive in promoting the vision of Enchant and experience of each persons served.
7. Reports incidents of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment promptly.
8. Adheres to Policy on Ethical Conduct and reports violations.
9. Executes responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
10. Other duties as assigned and agreed between the Company and the Consultant.
Be the first to hear what cities Enchant Christmas will visit this holiday season!